Sunday, February 11, 2007


My first Maine moose!

(not visible in picture)


You have to understand what went into this picture -- coming around the curve by the high school, about 2 miles from the house and there's the moose, standing by the side of the road. I slowed down, took the camera from my pocket, switched it on, rolled down the window and was able to get off one snapshot without aiming before he was completely gone into the woods.

Considering he turned and started galumphing off at a pretty good clip as soon as I began slowing down, a hoof or two is plenty of evidence. Next time, maybe I'll get one of the kind that pauses to strike a pose.

3 comments:

ronnie said...

Congratulations! Not that it's necessary, but as a Newfoundlander living in New Brunswick I will officially vouch that that is absolutely indubitably, undoubtedly a moose.

I think that means you're officially welcomed to and part of the community.

Sherwood Harrington said...

I think that I shall never see
An arrow lovely as a me.
Arrows red may pretty be,
But only Mom can make a me.

Bullwinkle J. Moose

Mike said...

I'm impressed, Sherwood, that your stock of Bullwinkle verse is from an actual feature rather than an ad. "It's not that I'm a chicken, William Tell, I'm just a Moose with Cheerios to sell -- they're round as they can be, like little O's, you see -- don't point that bow at me, William Tell!"