Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mythology at Weekly Storybook

Should have mentioned this last week, but Weekly Storybook is now featuring a series of Greek and Roman myths, retold by me and illustrated by Dylan Meconis. This was the first feature I worked with Dylan on, and it was a real treat because she has an interest in the subject and had already done some work in the area, so I didn't have to explain anything to her. (She later did the illustrations for "Stories in the Stars," a series on mythology and astronomy I wrote with help from Prof. Sherwood Harrington and former astronomy columnist Brian Fies.)

The stories change at midnight Sunday. As I write this, the current story is "Arachne," but it will change to "Echo and Narcissus" tonight. One difference in this series is that some of the stories ("Cupid and Psyche" and "Ceres and Proserpina") are divided into chapters, though not many. And the stories are archived, so that, if you miss a chapter, you can go back and read it later. (I suppose I shouldn't say that -- No, you must visit every week, absolutely!)

Enjoy.

No comments: