Sunday, January 04, 2009



A surprisingly interesting site

After their having put together some ridiculous commercials (sometimes funny, sometimes in questionable taste, often both) and some ridiculous web-toys (ditto), I approached whoppervirgins.com with a great deal of skepticism, but figured I had to see what it was.

Having watched the video, my theory is that the usual gang of wise-asses came up with the idea, but that, by the time it was assigned to someone who could actually accomplish it, there was a change in how they approached it. I really expected some condescending, smirking nonsense, but it looks like the people who completed the project had a good time.

And I wouldn't worry that they did much to alter the pristine cultures of the people they visited. We in the West have done considerably worse, and generally with far more noble intentions.

2 comments:

Uncle Jed said...

Well, first of all I must point out that life has come full circle when Dad is getting me to watch a Stacy Peralta video. This was a great little film!

Food has always been central to my travel experience. I recognize many of those expressions from watching shipmates try the local delicacies...

Anonymous said...

So when can we expect seal meat at BK an Mickey D's ?