Sunday, October 19, 2008



A quiet spot on the south shore

Here's a look at the new digs -- a quick 360 degree pan on the day I began to move in. This is just under 10 miles from the office, so I won't pay for this view with a massive commute. Most of the other cottages you'll see here are not winterized and are already empty or soon will be. I've got the place until June, when the owners move back, which will give me a chance to find something more long-term that probably won't include shoreline but will provide the quiet and the short trip to work.

However, as I pan by the UHaul truck, you may notice a little more work to be done, so I'll provide details another time, except for this: If you have to have the front door open on a brisk autumn day, one way to keep the house warm without running up your oil bill is to build a good fire in the fireplace. Also, as you'll see below, I probably wouldn't see a lot of sunrises even if I weren't facing north, at least until the lake freezes over so it doesn't steam in the morning.

I will somehow manage to deal with that issue.

5 comments:

Sherwood Harrington said...

Gorgeous, Mike. Congratulations: all that serene beauty... and, in a short while, ice fishing just a stroll away!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great place to spend time. Lucky, lucky man.

Kim V

ronnie said...

Beautiful! It's very "you".

Anonymous said...

I always feel better when I can picture my kids in their proper settings - and this one is perfect for you and the dogs. Just took my second look at it all and am so pleased.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Mike! Enjoy that view and the new job -
Sis in Sleepy Hollow