Sunday, July 29, 2007

Hence the term "bird brain"

Okay, I did notice that the bird feeder was getting low enough that the birds had to reach their little heads inside if they insisted on using the top rail and top set of feeding ports. But I had some things to do and I figured, once they couldn't reach the seed from the top, they'd just go to the bottom rail and feed from there.

I figured wrong and came home from the paper (my usual Sunday two-hour last-minute-clean-up stint) to find this little fellow inside the feeder. Apparently it's a lot easier to find your way in than to find your way out. Especially if you're foolish enough to climb inside in the first place.

Please don't tell Fish & Wildlife. I don't want to have to post little labels on the feeder saying "Caution: For External Use Only."

2 comments:

Sherwood Harrington said...

You keep messin' with the wildlife, don't you, Peterson? Snapping turtle rehab, avian incarceration, moose-butt photos...

All that, combined with even the weather's attempts to keep you housebound by blocking your exit in the winter, might be telling you something. Something like, oh, I don't know, maybe you should be working in an actual city.

San Jose comes to mind.

ronnie said...

Mojo says leave that bird right there, Peterson, he'll take care of it.